- All Event Officials can ONLY be Event
Officials at an IAB Sanctioned Event!
- Officials CAN NOT work a corner for a fighter during a show they are an
- Officials CAN NOT work with fighters on the event they are officials on.
This includes helping with hand wrapping, warming fighters up, etc. etc.
- Officials of course CAN NOT be an official on a bout where they know or
train one or both of the fighters. If you are an official and see a fighter that
you know well on a bout you may be assigned to work, it is your duty and
responsibility to EXCUSE yourself from the bout so that the event Representative
can assign a replacement for you.
- The IS NOT an issue about our TRUST in you as an IAB
Official. Of course we have great trust in your integrity or none of you would
be an official with the IAB. This is about
the PERCEPTION of what others who are watching may think they are seeing. NONE
of us can afford to be or want to be a victim of misunderstood PERCEPTION.
- IAB Event Representative.
- 1 "APPROVED AND APPOINTED" IAB
Representative at ringside. This person MUST BE PRE Approved by the IAB World Headquarters prior to EVERY IAB Sanctioned event.
For Event Representative duties CLICK HERE
- 1 IAB Scorekeeper (Most of the
time this is the Ringside Representative.)
- 1-2, IAB Referees as approved by the
IAB Event Representative.
- 3 IAB Judges as approved by the
IAB Event Representative.
- 1 IAB Timekeeper as approved by the
IAB Event Representative. An assistant
Timekeeper may also be allowed.
- Ringside Physicians
- 1-2 IAB Event Physician(s) (MD,
MEDICAL Doctor, nothing Less) as approved by the IAB
Event Representative. For Ringside Physician Duties & Requirements
- A Minimum of 2
- There will be a minimum of two licensed paramedics or EMT's in attendance
at the event
For Paramedics duties CLICK HERE
- There will be an ambulance (mobile medical unit) on site at all
times during the event.
For Ambulance duties CLICK HERE
- Ring Announcer & Event DJ (Music)
- 1 Event Ring Announcer (MC)
OFFICIALS - GUIDELINES
- All IAB Event
officials shall be employed by the promoter and be approved by the IAB Event Representative ONLY.
- Each official must know all rules and regulations for an
IAB kickboxing event. To find properly
qualified officials, contact the local athletic commission or work with the IAB directly to select the best qualified officials
for each position.
- The IAB reserves all
rights to deny or appoint all necessary officials if the promoter's selections
do not meet the required qualifications of the IAB.
- Any official is found under the influence of ANY drug or
alcohol immediately prior to or during the event shall be fined by the IAB $500.00 and placed on a suspension determined by
- ALL officials must be pre-approved and licensed by the
IAB "UNLESS" other
IAB approved officials in the Promoters area are
available for the event.