OFFICIALS TRAVEL FEES
Referees, Judges, Timekeepers, Physicians,
Below are "SUGGESTED"
They are not MANDATORY Fees.
If you have Officials in your area
who will work your event for less or even Volunteer their time for FREE, we
strongly suggest you use them.
It is VERY COMMON that Officials help
promoters this way
The Promoter is Responsible for All Travel Expenses and
Accommodations for the
for their event traveling more than 20 miles to the event. These expenses are;
- Travel To and From Event:
- This can be by plane if the event is more than 200 miles from the Officials
home or by Car if official lives less than 200 miles from event, unless OTHER
Arrangements have been made with the Promoter and the Official.
- BY PLANE
- Promoter must have all Officials plane ticket(s) paid and e-ticket e-mailed
to Official(s) a minimum of 7 days prior to the event.
- BY AUTOMOBILE
- Promoter shall pay the official .40 cents per mile traveled to the event X
2 for the return trip as well.
- Example: Official travels 300 miles by car to an event, the return
trip would obviously be 300 miles so 300 X 2 = 600 x .40 = $240.00. (Additional
mileage may be added if the venue is a long distance from the hotel)
- "CAR" Travel Fees are to be paid by
the Promoter to each Official upon arrival at the Promoters town/city.
- GROUND TRANSPORTATION
If IAB Official is flying to your event you will be
responsible to meet him/her at the airport upon arrival as well as return them
to the airport on the day of their return flight. You will also be required to
provide transportation to and from the event as necessary. "OR" You
may provide a rental car for their ground transportation while in your
- Daily Per-Diem
- If official is traveling more than 75 miles to the Promoters event the
promoter must pay the Official a Per-diem for the Officials meals of *$40 per day for each day or fraction of a day that
he/she is on the road traveling to and from the event.
Example 1: If the official leaves on Saturday morning for a
Saturday night event and comes home on Sunday after the event, promoter will be
required to pay 1 and 1 half days of per-diem or $60.00.
If the official leaves on Friday for a "Day before' weigh-in for a Saturday
night event and comes home on Sunday after the event, promoter will be required
to pay 2 days of per-diem or $80.00.
- (*) This fee is based on the exchange
rate of the American Dollar and should be determined between the Promoter and
the IAB Event Official PRIOR to the event.
This fee could be even less if the promoter pays for each meal of the day for
the IAB Official.
- *The fee will be lower where the
conutries dollar is not as strong as the American Dollar.
- *It will also be Higher where the
American Dollar is worth less.
- Promoter shall pay all hotel fees but is not responsible for any incidental
expenses (Such as phone calls or other misc. room charges) the Official